Below are the mandatory Terms and Conditions for use of the remote exam proctoring service on the FUN website.
1/ I checked my computer equipment (camera, microphone, flash update and operating system) and my internet connection and made sure it complies with the online test proctoring requirements.
2/ I want to take an exam to earn a verified certificate for my MOOC
3/ I am able to take my online exam during the dates set up by the course team.
4/ I fully abide by the Conditions of use of the secure online proctoring service
By participating in the remote exam proctoring service, you acknowledge and agree that you have been informed of the following :
- proctoring is performed by ProctorU, an American company with which FUN has entered into a service contract;
- you are required to create a personal account on said company’s test management platform, which you must do from the Site of the relevant certified course. At that time, you will then provide them with the following information: last name/first name/telephone number/mailing address/country/photo (taken online during the registration process).
- ProctorU will ask you to install a remote control software on your computer (this tool cannot be installed nor activated without your express consent);
- ProctorU will authenticate your identity and verify that your computer is located in a secure testing environment (see the test-taker’s Manual);
- ProctorU will be authorized to access your computer remotely solely during the examination itself, specifically as regards taking remote control of the keyboard and mouse, seeing your screen, and activating the camera and microphone;
- All data collected will be stored on ProctorU‘s servers located outside the European area. Pursuant to the terms of the service contract entered into with FUN, ProctorU agrees to take all necessary measures to protect the data collected and to destroy it after a year has passed, [ in the case of declarative data, and after 6 weeks, in the case of the piece of ID, the photo and the video and audio recording of the examination.]
5/ I acknowledge that I have been informed of the exam rules
These exam rules are meant to define the exam conditions to earn a verified certificate for an online course, MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses) on the FUN platform. These regulations have been set up by the GIP FUN-MOOC, responsible for the FUN website.
To enroll on a MOOC is free of charge. The learner holds the responsibility for signing up on the FUN platform. There is no identity check during the registration process.
The course team will establish a grading policy at the beginning of the course and you can qualify for a free certificate of achievement if you receive a passing grade to the online assignments. The certificate of achievement will be generated by the GIP FUN-MOOC.
The GIP FUN-MOOC also enables the learners to pursue a fee-paying verified certificate for a course, registering to an online proctored exam.
When the teaching staff of a MOOC decides to offer a verified certificate, a dedicated section to this online proctored exam is released in the course. It is usually entitled “certificate / proctored exam”. This section describes how to pursue a verified certificate, the exam schedule and the terms and conditions of use. The learner can schedule his exam from this specific section.
A- How to enroll in an online proctored exam
Each learner must create a personal account and provide the required information asked in the registration instructions.
The exam registration is personal, non-transferable, and valid for the selected MOOC only.
It is a fee-paying registration and the payment has to be done at least 15 working days (3 calendar weeks) before the exam session begins.
The registration fees are specific to the MOOC and the exam. They must be paid by credit card, by clicking on the green button “Upgrade to a verified certificate” (“S’inscrire pour passer un certificat” available from the learner dashboard. After he has paid, the learner schedules, among the time slots available, a convenient day and hour for him to take the exam.
The appointment must be scheduled at least 72 hours before the time slot you selected. Any incomplete application or the non-payment of the enrollment fees before the registration deadline will automatically cancel your registration. No registration will be accepted after this deadline and no registration transfer is allowed.
The name that appears on the certificate is the full name you filled in the FUN learner user profile. You are required to check it before beginning the certificate registration procedure, in order to make sure that the right name will appear on your certificate. In case of an error, generating a corrected certificate will not be possible.
Any document fraud or falsification will void your registration and the fees will not be refunded.
B - Conditions to earn a verified certificate
The conditions and rules to earn a verified certificate listed in the section “certificate” / “proctored exam” are full part of the regulations in addition to this document. These rules mention the duration of the proctored exam, if documents and materials are authorized or not during the exam and the conditions to earn the verified certificate.
Online exam proctoring
The online exam is proctored. The recorded video, as well as the ID card and the picture of the students will be archived for a period of 6 weeks before deletion. After the exam is submitted, the proctor reports to the course team and notifies any fraud attempt or detection. In case of any cheating suspicion, the video can be watched and the ID card and the picture of the student can be checked to confirm or infirm this fact.
Conditions to earn a verified certificate
The conditions are set out by the course staff, who selects the passing grade required to earn the verified certificate and decides to allow or not the use of documents and materials during the exam (possibly none).
The student earns the verified certificate if (s)he complies with the achievement conditions defined by the teaching staff and if (s)he is not caught cheating on the proctored exam.
The learner can access his/her certificate on the dashboard within a timeframe of a few days after the exam deadline.
C- Exam proctoring
The proctored exam must be completed in a limited amount of time. The student may only use the documents and materials allowed by the teaching staff.
At the beginning of the exam, the test-taker must show a proof of his/her identity by using a government-issued ID with a photo and a name that matches the full name you use in your FUN account. The learner must show one of the following documents:
- French ID card or a valid foreign ID card
- French passport or a valid foreign passport
- French driving licence or a foreign driving licence
- A valid temporary or permanent residence permit, a EU residence permit
- If you don’t have any of the cards previously listed, the following cards may exceptionally be accepted: a valid student card with a picture or a valid library card with a picture.
The student who does not have one of these cards will not be allowed to take the exam.
During the exam, no other person is allowed to enter the room. (S)He must show the whole room through the webcam. The learner must remain alone until the end of the exam and is not allowed either to leave the room during the exam.
At the end of the online exam, the student has to exit imperatively and immediately the exam and fully agrees not to try to access the exam again. In case of violation of the rules, the test taker will receive a score of 0 for the exam. The learner also agrees not to save a digital copy of the questions of the exam (file copy, screenshot…), not to share information about the content of the exam through any communication method, until the publication of the results.
If the posted rules for the exam do not permit documents or materials, the student must sit at a clean desk or table.
The student’s computer is proctored during the whole exam. All electronic devices, such as: cell phones, tablets, cameras, etc., have to be turned off and away from the student’s desk.
The GIP FUN-MOOC implements the organization and logistics of the proctored exams together with the organizing body.